New Markets Tax Credits
- New Markets Tax Credits Information Center. NMTC stimulates private sector capital in low-income communities for real estate revitalization or development, small business loans and equity investments in high-tech start-ups.
- Definition of Strategic Planning. Public and not-for-profit sector strategic planning is different from private sector strategic planning.
- Overview of Strategic Planning. Article describes the basic elements of public and not-for-profit sector strategic planning. Also available in PDF format. (690 KB)
- Strategic Planning Starts Here: Plan-to-Plan. It all begins with a plan-to-plan. Here's how to develop your plan-to-plan.
- History of Strategic Planning. From the strategoi of ancient Greece, we derive our modern notions of strategic planning.
- Strategic Planning Glossary. Definitions of all the key terms used in public and not-for-profit sector strategic planning.
Blackerby Associates facilitated processes to implement the Youth Programs Strategic Plan for the Workforce Connection division, the Workforce Investment Act program at the City of Phoenix, AZ.
Blackerby Associates facilitated development of strategic plans for the City of Phoenix, AZ, Human Services Department:
Blackerby Associates facilitated development of the strategic plan for the Town of Fountain Hills, Arizona. This year-long effort solicited input from over 1,600 local citizens, through Town Hall meetings, a youth visioning institute, Informed Choices workshops and a random sample survey. The final result includes strategic priorities with associated costs.
Blackerby Associates facilitated development of the strategic plan for the Town of Natick, Massachusetts. This 1½ year-long effort brought together over 3,000 residents through public workshops, key informant workshop, regular interaction with five sponsoring boards and committees, and a random sample survey of residents. The final strategic plan was adopted by Town Meeting in October 2007.
- No Child Left Behind Act -- Summary of Grant Programs. This landmark legislation re-authorizes and reorganizes grant programs for the U.S. Department of Commerce. Here is a guide to the new NCLB Act.
- Blackerby Associates has extensive grant-writing experience to support the public and not-for-profit sectors.
- Foundation grant sources in technology, education, economic development and entrepreneurship.
- Head Start grant refunding project. Blackerby Associates developed this two-volume federal grant application for the City of Phoenix, AZ. The application was accepted, and the program funded for another three years.
- Links to Other Resources. Other resources to support the public and not-for-profit sectors.
- Certificate of Insurance. Blackerby Associates carries $2,000,000 in aggregate professional and general liability insurance coverage to meet the requirements of its public sector clients.